Thursday, May 21, 2015

Chapter 17: Whaaaaaat? Regan finally updated her blog? OMG

The family + family of Dani + Pino Pardo AFS



A few months ago Alessia, my host sister, asked me if I had updated my blog recently, "Nah, I can't figure out what to write about," I replied.  And I realized, I can't think of anything to write about because my life feels normal here –normal, in the sense that I don't feel like the odd one out anymore, not in the sense that I am not stunned every single day by the beauty and history of my cute, little Sicilian city. 




One of the very first pictures we took together 

I still have my routine here; I still have to go to school and do piles of homework that I always put off til the last minute, I still stay up way too late because I lost track of time reading some book, I still eat way more chocolate and pizza than I probably should, and I still laugh the most at my own dumb jokes. But the thing is that I do it all in Italian, nearly 6000 miles away from Prescott where I've lived for the huge majority of my life. Maybe it won't make sense to anyone that hasn't been an exchange student, but this year spent in Italy feels like its only lasted for a week, but at the same time I feel like I've been here for years. My routine is familiar and comfortable here, and it feels like I've been doing it a helluva lot longer than just 9 months.



Ale and I about 3 minutes after meeting each other
Already, today is May 21 and theres only about a month and a half left of my exchange. I can't believe it. I remember arriving at the airport and being smothered with kisses like it was yesterday, even though its been more than 8 months since I first set foot in Sicily. Time is flying! And boy is it such a bittersweet feeling knowing that in a few short weeks I will be leaving home to go home! I can't wait to see my family in Arizona because its been a long, long, long time and we have so much to catch up on but I am also dreading having to say goodbye to everyone here and leaving this year behind. On the bright side, I've already made everyone swear that they'll visit me in AZ and I promised to come visit as often as possible.


A picture that we took in February maybe? About the middle of Exchange





Anyways, I finally had a second to sit down and type out a blog post to let y'all know that I'm still alive and well, and having the time of my life out here!

xx Baci

First sight awwwwh









PS. Here's some pictures that I don't think I've posted from my very first day in Sicily with my family. And some other photos from the beginning of my exchange, the middle, and now the end with two of my closest friends here, Sara and Simona.






The most recent picture of us






PPS. Please text/message/email me y'all's addresses. I want to send out a gazzilion post cards before I leave! 

No comments:

Post a Comment