Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Chapter 11: Technology Troubles

First off, I apologize that it's nearly been a month since my last post. My beloved laptop bit the dust, kicked the bucket, died.. Right now I am using my family's iMac, which has an Italian keyboard so bear with me if there are any weird typos, the layout of the keys is completely different from what I am used to.

Anywayyyyy! I have done a ton of cool things since the last time I wrote.. here's a super quick summary because I'll be writing individual blog posts about them in a bit,


  • visited Taormina (Google it right now!), a beautiful old city on the Northeastern tip of Sicily. You can actually see the toes of Italy from some of the lookout points.
  • ate Nutella filled crepes made by two 16 or 17 year old boys.. I'm not sure about you all, but this was the first time I'd ever seen two boys cook something without there being any sort of incentive. 
  • visited my Mamma's family in Mistretta, a little town in the North of Sicily where heavenly bread is made.. It's definitely worth taking the treacherous, vomit inducing drive to get there.  
  • celebrated All Saint's Day on November 1st, its a lot like Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) minus the sugar skulls and food. 
  • carved a pumpkin for Halloween
  • listened to my math teacher try to convince me that he looks just like Obama
  • and got renicknamed Regibear and Regs; although Regs is pronounced here like Rex or Reeeegs. 

Alright, thats all I got for now but like I said I have a couple other posts in the works with more details and photos from my adventures. 

Ciao ciao. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment